Saturday, October 30, 2010

Keyboard Dreams

Remember all these while I like dreaming about my amazing future house?
Just incase you didn't know, I love dreaming it since kid. And one of the rooms are meant for all my instruments and recording gadgets. Hee :3
It use to start with an art room, a big kitchen, and then a recording room.
But I'll concentrate on the recording one today :D
If you see on the right side of my blog, one of the all time wishes is to jam with all kinds of instruments.
I like variety, and my dream was to have all piano, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, everything.
But I'm personally better at playing the piano by ear. My fingers don't handle guitars that well.
4 years ago when I was 13, I had a craze on keyboards, but then for certain reasons, I had turn down that dream :(
I can't record with my current piano, it's very old, but yet the quality is good. Just that the keys aren't well, and like when you press hard, sometimes there's no sound or very soft sound. But when you press soft sometimes, it plays super loud. It feels like it is loose, or randomly contact and not in contact. So I notice that what I play has no 'feeliings' because I want the sound to come out! Rather than playing with feelings and the sound that comes out aren't like what I played. I'd get annoyed :(
Then few weeks ago, I found out that all I need is just a keyboard for all my records of various instruments, because there are many instruments and voices available. All I need to do is compose and arrange them.
So I googled the pricings of a keyboard, and found out that there's such thing called arranger workstation keyboards. I first saw the Yamaha Tyros 3! I viewed the review video on youtube and I was like smiling all the way and like shoot, that's all I'm trying to say about man, that's the ideal thing, and it exists, better than what I thought! Tyros 2 is as awesome too!
Crazy fell in love with it, the high end quality, smart realistic features and sound, oh.my.gosh. everything! ♥
But when I look at the price............. RM18.5k. :( Something I cannot afford as a student, but till when I grow up and start working. So I had to look in a smaller view and search for similar ones.
And so I downgraded to the Yamaha PSR-S900, also one of the high ranges.
It's not bad too, amazing quality sound features variety etc, but then again, it is RM6.7k, still too expansive and I can't afford it.
So I looked on to the Yamaha PSR-S700, very similar, RM4.75k.
Hmm :)
But well, I also continued to look further.
Then I saw Yamaha PSR-S550 at RM2.98k.
I'm not so sure about the features, but they don't seem to stand out like the other 3 I mentioned above.
My gosh, Tyros is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! o_o
Maybe all the crap I've written, you don't understand. But hey, have a look at these! ♥

This is the one I first saw. It's the Tyros one. The sound of the Irish Pipes already made me fall in love with it!

And another crazy super awesome one, watch! ♥

AMAZING :D Ahhhhhhh! ♥
Check out videos on the S900 etc too! Haha, if you're like interested x) If you're not it's okay, I get how boring it is doing something you don't have interest in :D

Love!

No comments: