Saturday, June 19, 2010

Apple Crumble Tutorial

Made apple crumble for the first time, tasted so good I made it again on the same day!

Oh yummylicious ._. I want more, but I ran out of apples!

So awesome, and I decided to share it with everyone of you how I made mine :D
Take note that recipe is estimated and I do it according to my likings.

So here it is:

You need apples - ofcourse. I love green apples. ♥

Then half bowl of flour, a quarter bowl of oats - optional, a quarter bowl of sugar, 2 tbsp butter, and some cinammon if you like :)
I used brown sugar but white sugar is fine too.

Alright. So first, preheat oven to 190°C.

Slice the apples into your desired shape - mine's cubed.
In a pot, cook it with 3 quarter of the amount of sugar on low heat until soft. Or if you want some crunch, up to you to adjust :)
Don't really need to add water because the juice of the apple will all come out and there you get your sugar melted. But when it is cooled back, it will absorb the juice again.

Then, mix the flour, oats, sugar and butter.
I used my hands for the first round but tried using the blender for the second round.
In my opinion, I prefer hand :) Clean hands ofcourse! Haha :P
Anyway just mix them up until you get it all well mixed.
It will still look like dry flour, but when you press it, it actually sticks. If not, add little bit of butter and try again. Up to you actually :)

Okay, for the apples! Place it in an oven-proof bowl.
You can choose to sprinkle the cinammon over it or like what I did for the second round, I mixed it in the pot after cooking it, then pour it over to the bowl.

Place it in your 190°C preheated oven for about 30 minutes or till golden brown.
If you're in a rush, you can actually increase the temperature a little and shorten the time. It's more for cooking the crumble so make sure you get your apples cooked the way you want it to be!

Now, make sure you eat it warm, not hot, and don't burn your tongue!
Enjoy! ♥

No comments: