Friday, June 11, 2010

In Kuala Terengganu

It had been a great time here in Kuala Terengganu.
I went with my cousins and aunty to my other cousin's place.
Wei Aun drove, us - Ling Leng, 8th Aunt, Chung Han and myself.
Had been doing quite a lot of activities and all, it's so far the best trip, holiday, break or so.
But well, what made me go in the end was not because of what we're going to do, but who we're doing it with.
That sentence was told to me by Aun. I was pretty cold and stressed during that time plus the typical city life and exams that made me rather stick to all the programmed life than to take a break from it and relax. Glad I made the choice to go instead.
It's nice, the people, the food, the location, the activities, the chats, the thoughts, the church, the sky, the beach, and the Starz in the Sky...
I'm really glad God gave me this so far once in a lifetime experience and opportunity.. There were quite some things that really made my heart filled with joy.
So many things actually. Some of the simple dreams of mine, well... I've always wished to lay down on a big field of green grass at night, watching the starz in the sky. What I did was, watching the many many many stars in the big sky, free from city lights and roof or buildings blocking the view of the night sky, walking at the sand at night, hearing the waves, dipping your feet on the shallow sea water, enjoying the night breeze, looking at a really amazing scenery of a calm sea and clear sky. Isn't it amazing? I couldn't stop smiling! It makes me smile at my wonderful Creator. It's amazing to walk on the beach at midnight. :)
The food, they're not so...KL'ish. Haha. Enjoy eating my first dinner dish by my 10th Aunty, where we're staying, with my cousin Jeremiah. It's like my first time eating so much, refilling my plate for four times! xD I don't really know what are they called, because it's not exactly described of what I ate if you search online. But anyway, the rice is... brownish or something, supposed to be blue, Nasi Kerabu. Then you mix it with lots of leaves, don't know the other names of the herbs but I love the mint, and it's fresh from their garden! :) Theres the rendang too. Oh yea, you're supposed to mix it with some.... very salty gravy type of thing, so I only put very little. Then anchovies.. and the keropok, mashed. Traditionally, they use their hands to eat it. Just add whatever, and then mix it all up. The one I took most was the vegetables, sliced cucumber and cabbage or something? Sorry I'm so bad at explaining this dish, but it was really awesome. Said to be not so filling and people eat it for breakfast, because it's a healthier dish and contains a lot of greens.
Lots more actually, but just too much to explain for now :P
For the sea activities, not so sure about the names of them, but they were awesome. Thank Uncle Dan and family. Check them out man they're really awesome and their equipments are great :) What I did was kayaking, sailing and the paddling kayak. I really want to try surfing one day.
Micah joined us for bbq that night, really enjoyed :D
Cool food like chocolate banana and cheese eggplant, and melted marshmallows on a stick :P
I'll post the pictures once I take them from Wei Aun.
It's amazing, got to know God better too, really glad, got a boost of strength, I dont know how to explain, but what I can say is I had a really amazing awesome great wonderful time. :)
Thank Uncle Koshy, 10th Aunt and Jeremiah for letting us stay at your place, for taking us to places, for talking such great conversations and sharing so much with us :)
Thank 8th Aunt, Ling Leng, Wei Aun and Chung Han for such a great time! ;) We seldom get a chance for a family outing, and I'm glad we did ;)

God Bless All!

No comments: