Tuesday, March 13, 2012

iPod Classic To A Sansa Clip Zip

Dear computer screen, little puppies, and you.
I decided to let go my white iPod classic 5th gen for a white Sansa Clip Zip instead.
WHY?!


Alright, firstly. Ever since my exam ended and high school was over, I didn't find myself using the iPod as much. I started to get bored of it because of its sound. It was q big disappointment when I first got my iPod but found out I couldn't find a good equalizer preset, and there was no custom equalizer unlike the old Creative Muvo. But I bared with it, and it was totally not a problem when I got my dream high quality earphones by Koss for my birthday. Until one day, one side of it doesn't seem to work. So I sent it for warranty, but till today it haven't came back. It's been more than half a year, and I really miss it. Since it was away, my iPod doesn't seem to appeal to me even when I feel like listening to some good music. Sometimes, I update my songs only once in a while because transferring may sometimes be a hassle, having to use softwares. And one thing about it is that even when I connect the iPod to my dad's hi-fi player, all the songs are mixed up with no title - or more like weird titles such as 'AZTK'. So I'll be clicking the next button more than I listen to any song. But I guess that's the way Mac does things. I highly respect Apple products, and I'd dare give my opinion that Apple has the best apps. Yup, I still enjoy using my iTouch, just a little complain on the little storage I have. :P

As for music, I'd say I would want to have a good sound or equalizer that enhances and brings out the music to life without having to blast at all. And for that case, I searched Google on the top 10 MP3 players. Guess what? I found the Sansa range. What is Sansa? It's actually from SanDisk. One of the best memory card producers in the world. I never thought they'd actually have MP3 players! But it's also because in our country we savvy Apple products, I heard that Sansa wasn't brought in to Malaysia because of that. Hmp! :(
But now that I found it... Here's my say.
It's half the size of the iPod classic. Maybe smaller.
It has a clip! (Would've considered iPod nano 6th gen for this feature)
Custom sound equalizer!
Deleting songs directly from the device. (Just like the Creative Muvo!)
Battery life up to 15 hours?
And... Expandable memory?! Wow.
There are so much more actually, but those were the highlights for me. There's even a built-in mic for recording, a color screen that can display the album art, on-the-go playlists, oh and you can install Rockbox. I'm new to Rockbox, but it's an open source, and it's like... Rockbox (Android, Mac, etc.) Yup! Apparently I can change my theme and stuffs like that as long as I have Rockbox installed! Some even tested that with Rockbox player, battery life can actually last up to 16 over hours!
You can even play games on it, download all you want. Audio books, timer, etc. They're just too many to list for this simple lil' gadget.
But my point is just purely for listening to good music, because I know that I will get bored of the features over time. :P But that was good enough!

I wanted to consider getting the Sansa Fuze, but it didn't have the clip. It's almost like the iPod classic. But oh well. :) And before even considering the Sansa Clip Zip, I was contemplating between the Clip and Clip+. The Clip looked better but it has no expandable memory, whereas the Clip+ had a two-toned screen, yellow and blue. The yellow is the biggest turn-off. And so I looked at the Clip Zip, which has a color screen and updated features. Though I could get a Fuze with almost the same price, I thought I'd fit my needs first. And I'm cool with this! Oh and not to mention, Sansa is way affordable! No wonder it's in the top 10 MP3 players list. ;) Now I'll be waiting excitingly for my white Sansa Clip Zip to arrive to my doorstep. :B It shall be my new baby, and this one is a definite no excuse to not bring it anywhere I go! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you forgot to mention sansa clip zip do support a loseless music format which is FLAC.