Sunday, March 27, 2011

Power Chef KDU - Competition!

Had chef competition yesterday morning at KDU!
There were 63 teams, 2 person per team.
My team is called Chefstruck, and my team mate is Hanna.
So... Firstly, they showed us a quick demo on how to make mayonnaise. There were too many people crowding around that small table, so Hanna and I missed out the first few steps. :(
Then right after the demo, we had to do it ourselves.
It was something like this (if only we watched this before we did it hands on -_-):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-_Oi8p3Mb0
Well, I guess we did some steps wrongly because after whipping and whipping and whipping till times up, THE TEXTURE WAS STILL WATERY. Pretty disappointed about it, but glad to say our presentation and decorations were awesome! :D
The next round, we had to make California Rolls, up to our creativity.
This time around it was much better! But time was too short for it to be better.
But it was great, really! :) We decorated the previous 'mayo' on the plate artistically instead of spreading it in the roll though.
That dish must have boosted our marks a lot :)
Well, after about half an hour of introducing KDU to us, we were called back into the auditorium, to our respective tables.
That was when they announced the teams that made it to the next round.
Apparently, 50/63 teams made it through, so I still had my hopes there. :)
As they announced the many many teams, I was getting a lil more hopeless... I held my hands tighter and tighter and kept praying...
But thank God, we were the last group they announced! They sure did make us worry so much! :')
I was just so happy, after such a stress in the morning! A lot more happened actually, but they all ended well afterall! :D
After the results were announced, we were forced to eat up our own California rolls. WHY?
Because many people spam wasabi in it and killed the judges! Hahaha! Well, Hanna and I sure did enjoy them! Ours were good... ;D
While eating, (a lecturer?) someone wearing KDU shirt came to take picture of our team, us posing with our thumbs up eating our delicious California Rolls. Then she 'interviewed' me and threw some questions like how was the competition, what have I learnt, etc etc. ^^
So, next week would be the next round. :)
Would be more competitive. Pray hard, do our best, and hope for the best! ♥

Thank you!

No comments: